Ford Transit Connect Camper Conversion
The Ford Transit Connect is a compact MPV version of the full size Ford Transit panel van. The Transit Connect was introduced to the European market in 2002 and has been imported to America since mid-2009. The first generation includes four model variations as displayed with starting MSRPs at the bottom of this page.
Ford Transit Features (Current & Future)
- Storage Capacity: 100 cu. ft. SWB (Short Wheel Base) | 130 cubic feet LWB
- Seating: 5 Adults | 7 Passengers - LWB (Long Wheel Base)
- Drivetrain: 2.5L Duratec or 1.6L EcoBoost with 6 Speed Auto Transmission
- Configurations: Customizable Cargo and Door Choices
- Towing Capacity: Up to 2,000 lbs. with standard engine
- Technology: Available SYNC with MyFord Touch & Rear View Camera
- Fuel Economy: EPA Estimated 24 combined MPG (22 City / 27 Highway)
The Transit Connect has been a highly popular van not only for commercial use by for various utility applications including camping. Several 3rd party companies develop custom Ford Transit Connect Camper Vans including Ken Hornby Designs. Also be sure to check out the Ford Transit Connect Forum to see various uses and solutions. Ford has introduced the Second Generation Transit Connect for model year 2014 that features various engine and transmission upgrades among other advanced features.